The Stipendium Hungaricum programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements detailing the eligible fields, levels and types of study. Applicants can chose from a wide variety of bachelor, master, one-tier master, non-degree and doctoral programmes at 31 Hungarian higher education institutions.
Currently nearly 70 partner countries are engaged in the programme at 5 continents, and as of today, more than 9000 Stipendium Hungaricum students are in pursuit of their degree in Hungary. Based on the feedback of the scholarship holders, 97% of them would opt for studying in Hungary again.
Find out more about the programme here.
Follow these easy steps to apply for the scholarship:
- Visit the Apply for a Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship page to find out more about the scholarship, as well as studying and living in Hungary
- Check which study fields and levels are available for students in your country; check entry requirements of desired study programmes
- Contact your sending authority for further information
- Register and upload your documents on the online application system
- Wait to hear from your local sending authority regarding nominations
- Take the (online) entrance exams at Hungarian universities
- Cross your fingers until the final results released by Tempus Public Foundation
We wish everyone a successful application!