1. After receiving the notification about being awarded the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship, the first thing you need to do is enter the online application system and accept the scholarship within 2 weeks, the latest. It is not possible to accept the scholarship offer after this deadline.
2. Please, keep in mind that there is no way to change the host institution, the study programme, or the study mode that you are allocated to. Yet, you can decide whether you wish to start your studies there or not.
Although you can take it for granted that your future host institution will also contact you, if it does not happen for some reason, take action and write to your Stipendium Hungaricum coordinator.
a. They will send you your Letter of Acceptance, which is one of the documents required for visa application.
b. They will let you know about the date when you are expected to arrive in Hungary, i.e. when the registration period starts and ends.
It is normally during the first few days of September but your host institutionwill provide you with exact information.
Mind you, you will not be able to download the Letter of Acceptance until you upload all those certificates that were required but you did not have earlier. The final deadline for submitting the missing documents is 1st August.
LETTER OF AWARD
After you received the Letter of Acceptance, you will be able to download the Letter of Award within a few days from the system, which is the other document required for visa application.
This letter is issued by Tempus Public Foundation and it will be sent to you via email too.
When you have both the Letter of Acceptance and Letter of Award, please start the visa application process right away – within two weeks the latest!
It is important to make the necessary arrangements well ahead of time because it may take 30 days until a visa is issued. In order to apply for a visa to Hungary, you need to contact the relevant consular office. For more information please consult the internet site of the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing.
The Sending Authority in your country/territory might finance your travel costs to Hungary but it is not obligatory for them. If you do not have this kind of support, you will need to buy your own plane ticket. Ask your host institution if they can offer you airport transfer or not.
Regarding your accommodation in Hungary, your host institution will provide you help. Basically, you will have two options:
1. if the university/college is able to offer you a dormitory place, you can choose that option and in that way, your dormitory costs will be funded up to 40.000 HUF/month. In most cases, it means that you will not have to pay for your accommodation
2. if the university/college is not able to offer you a dormitory place or you do not wish to live in a dormitory, you can rent an apartment. In this case, you will receive a monthly allowance of 40 000 HUF from your host institution as a contribution to the costs of renting, and they will probably be able to help you find a place, as well.
As soon as you know your arrival date to Hungary, inform your Stipendium coordinator at your host institution about it.
After arrival, contact him/her again immediately, because you will need to make a lot of necessary arrangements through your university/college in order to have:
1. We strongly advise you to read the Operational Regulations on our website to become familiar with the rules and regulations of the Programme as well as your rights and duties: http://studyinhungary.hu/study-in-hungary/menu/stipendium-hungaricum-scholarship-programme/apply-for-a-stipendium-hungaricum-scholarship/rights-and-obligations.html
2. As there are a lot of administrative duties at the university without which it is impossible to transfer your scholarship allowances, you can expect to receive the first transfer only around November. Therefore it is important to arrive with some financial reserve that will help you in the first two months. To have an idea of the living costs in Hungary, you can visit our cost calculator on this website: http://studyinhungary.hu/living-in-hungary/menu/your-costs-of-living.html
3. You can find a lot of useful information
4. Please keep in mind that the scholarship allowance contributes to one person’s costs of living and it does not provide either visa or additional benefits or administration services for the person’s family members.
5. If you cannot start the study programme, please, inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org and your host institution about your decision as soon as possible.
We wish you a successful study period in Hungary!
Please click here to download the above mentioned information in PDF format.
Whether you have already arrived or are just considering applying to a Hungarian higher education institution, this book will guide you well. We have collected all the useful and important information you need and put it into this guide, so now all you have to do is focus on your application and studies. Then during your “study abroad” experience you can enjoy all this beautiful country has to offer. We believe that this journey will bring you professional knowledge, useful skills, thousands of memories, and new friends. Are you ready? We wish you the best of luck!