We redesigned our database and categorised the universities by study areas. In the Comprehensive Universities category we listed the universities with wide profile, which offer courses in various study areas. The universities with simple profile are listed under the category of their main study area.
If you look for universities in a specific study area, please use the search module to get results from every category.
The Campus of Traditions, Knowledge and Community Spirit
Located in a relaxed ambience
A unique campus in a beautiful natural environment, up-to-date laboratories, lecture halls, workshops, dormitories and facilities for sport, culture and entertainment – this is the University of Miskolc.
Founded in 1735, as an institute of training specialists for mining and metallurgy serving as a model to many polytechnic institutes in the world, the University of Miskolc has always occupied a significant position in the cultivation of sciences, in professional education and training. During the last few decades of the 20th century, the Institution developed into a fully-fledged colorful university with the traditional three technical faculties (Earth Sciences, Materials Sciences, Mechanical Engineering and Informatics) and the new faculties of Economy, Law, Arts and Humanities, Health Care and Music, also courses of continuing education, or higher level vocational training. The University has approximately 10.000 students and close to 600 academic staff assisted by approximately equal number of technical and administrative employees.
Most buildings of the University can be found in Egyetemváros (‘University Town’), a unique and spacious campus, which was built in the fashion of the American campus model and it is surrounded by a large park. The University Town – with its 850.000 square meters territory – is a part of the city of Miskolc. Bartók Béla Music Institute, which was integrated into the university in 1997, can be found in the Palace of Music downtown.
The University has cooperation agreements with over 150 foreign universities, along with 160 bilateral agreements in the ERASMUS mobility programme. The University of Miskolc is the first Hungarian institution which won the ’Higher Education Quality Award’ in 2008.
The long historical traditions are combined with novel directions in research and education. The high quality of education at the University of Miskolc is demonstrated not only by the number of professional awards received, but also by the increasing interest from foreign and Hungarian students to choose the University of Miskolc for pursuing studies at the highest academic level. Our graduates are demanded by a wide scale of potential employers.
Miskolc is a city situated in North-East Hungary, and has been mostly known for its industry. It is also the seat of Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén County and the scientific and cultural centre of the North Hungarian Region.
From Miskolc, the famous Tokaj wine region is within easy reach and nice excursions can be taken to the nearby mountains and lakes, or to historical towns including Eger, Sárospatak and the beautiful Szilvásvárad.
The University of Miskolc welcomes purposeful and motivated students who aim to be qualified at a traditional yet modern and fresh academic environment.
Kindly check our page in English at http://stipendium.uni-miskolc.hu, where you can find the sites of our programmes for foreign students (under menu 'For prospective students').
Should you need help, assistance or information regarding the possibilities, do not hesitate to send an e-mail to Nikolett Tóth (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Current degree courses offered in English
Faculty of Materials Science and Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering, MSc (http://stipendium.uni-miskolc.hu/metallurgical-engineering-msc)
- Materials Engineering, MSc (http://stipendium.uni-miskolc.hu/materials-engineering-msc)
- Materials Sciences and Technologies, PhD (http://stipendium.uni-miskolc.hu/materials-sciences-and-technologies)
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Informatics
- Mechanical Engineering, MSc (http://stipendium.uni-miskolc.hu/mechanical-engineering)
- Software and Information Engineering, MSc (http://stipendium.uni-miskolc.hu/software-and-information-engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering, PhD (http://stipendium.uni-miskolc.hu/mechanical-engineering-phd)
Faculty of Earth Science and Egineering
- Petroleum Engineering, MSc (http://stipendium.uni-miskolc.hu/petroleum-engineering)
- Earth Science Engineering, MSc (http://stipendium.uni-miskolc.hu/earth-science-engineering-msc)
- Hydrogeological Engineering, MSc (http://stipendium.uni-miskolc.hu/hydrogeological-engineering)
- Earth Sciences, PhD (http://stipendium.uni-miskolc.hu/earth-sciences-phd)
Faculty of Economics
- Business Administration, MA (http://stipendium.uni-miskolc.hu/m_b_a)
- Enterprise Theory and Practice, PhD (http://stipendium.uni-miskolc.hu/enterprise_theory_and_practice)
Faculty of Arts
- Central European Studies, MA (http://stipendium.uni-miskolc.hu/faculty_of_arts)